Saturday, September 02, 2006
I have found MY THUMB!


Over the last few days, the whole family has taken notice to my "finding my thumb". I think I usually prefer my left thumb. I wonder if that means I will be a lefty. Mammy and Daddy have always suspected I would be a lefty. Generally, I have an inclination to taking comfort in my thumb whenever I get sleepy. But sometimes I think I put my thumb in my mouth also when I am hungry too. The most special thing about my thumb sucking is that Mammy tells me both she and my Uncle Mike also sucked their thumbs. See Mammy also sucked her left thumb and she turned out to be a righty! Left thumb sucking facilitates writing, holding a blanky and other right-handed activities simultaneously. Highly efficient. That is how Mammy managed to suck her thumb 'till she was 7 years old. I know it is a bit embarassing for her. See in the picture. How old do you think she is? Unfortunately, I could not get a picture of them both sucking their thumb though I know it exists. Now closely examine the pose. See how both me and Mammy have our index finger lifted up. Mammy tells me she used to hang it on her nose for support. I guess I have adopted the same style. Must be genetic.
Comments:
<< Home
I better warn you, thumb sucking is a serious addiction, you should think twice before taking it up. You should see how gross your mammy and uncle Mike's thumbs looked in those days - liked as if they have been swimming all day, wrinkled, pale and puffy (not to mention the smell, yuk!)There was a time when your mammy had to change thumb because the left one had an infection from the sucking. Don't tell her that I've told you or she'll be mad at me.
Post a Comment
<< Home

