Monday, October 02, 2006
First Swimming Lesson


Yesterday was my first swimming lesson. All the other kids were quite bit bigger than me. There were nine in total mostly with their Daddies and two older (i.e. 2 years and 4 years old) girls who were with their Mommies. I think they were all at least several months older than me. Mammy came with me into the pool. We got dressed at home and into the outfit Porpor (grandma) gave to me when she came from Hong Kong to visit. It just fits me perfect now. It works well for my swimming days because it has a hoodie and slippers that have snaps on to the cuffs of the pants. Then Mammy doesnt have so many pieces of clothing to put on me when we are at the pool 'cause you know I always put up a fight when they try to dress me. Imagine when I wet cold and slippery in the change room. I am always a challenge for them. The hoodie keeps me warm and will be especially useful since it is getting cold outside and my hair is damp from the pool. Luckily I can sit proper now and so Mammy just plonks me on the bench while she changes.
Now about my swimming...I did very well you know. At first I didnt like floating on my back but after a few times I was able to relax my head back. Too bad Daddy and Kau Fu who were watching on the bleachers couldnt take pictures because of pool policy. Have to ask the manager to get permission. But they got a picture of Mammy and me after we got out of the pool. It was a half hour lesson and I learned to bobble in the water, float on my front and back and I loved to splash! I was the only kid who did infact splash! Even swallowed some water that came out my nose! Ew! And I didnt even cry. Mammy and Daddy are proud and know that I am very brave. Next Sunday we get to bring a favorite bath toy. Cant wait!
Comments:
<< Home
This is my one of my retirement projects too - learn to swim. My other projects include: learn to bike; sign language, continue with drumming and spanish...etc
Post a Comment
<< Home

