Thursday, May 25, 2006
A STAR IS BORN!

Hi! My name is Madelyne. This is my first post on this blog. Excuse me if sometimes my grammar and spelling is not too good 'cause I am just learning...Mommy and Daddy are helping me out with this. I consider myself pretty advanced as I am turning 9 weeks tomorrow.
Let me tell you a bit about myself. I was born March 24,2006 at 12:27 am. I came into the world by vacuum but luckily I didnt get too much of a cone head. Boy was I suprised to see so much light when I popped out. Daddy cut my cord and played with me for 1.5 hours before I could no longer keep my eyes open and fell asleep for the next 24 hours. It was soooooo coooool to be finally out of the darkness. I was 7lb at birth and lucky to be born with lots of hair. Also, luckily for me and Mommy I don't have a big head. Heee! Heee! However I do have a small mouth and for the first two weeks Mommy and I struggled a lot with learning to nurse. I know I am a bit of a troublemaker and I deprived mommy and daddy of a lot of sleep those first few weeks. Luckily Grandma and Grandpa were here to help. It was so much fun to have everyone around. You see, I love being held ALL the time. Except ofcourse when I am in deep sleep I can't do too much to complain and that's the only time I will let them put me down. During the second week of my life, grandma Shirley came to visit. Boy, I loved having so many people carry me and play with me. And I love them all. I am a lucky girl. I wish they could stay with us all the time. My Godmother, Shahin, also threw me a baby shower in my second week and I was so lucky to have so many gifts from all my aunties and uncles. I want to thank them all personally but I am having some trouble expressing myself to them. I am not sure that they will understand my babbling. Thank-you so much to my godmother Shahin and uncle Farhan for throwing me such a great party! At 5 weeks, Auntie Anita came to help Mommy and Daddy look after me. It is fun with Auntie Anita as she likes to play with me and take me outside to the garden. Now I am 9 weeks I have grown a lot and I weigh more than 10 lbs already. I no longer have too many problems with eating but I still keep Mommy and Daddy up many times a night. I like to smile and babble. I guess they call it babbling because they dont understand my advanced language skills. I REALLY AM VERY CUTE. I think Mommy and Daddy should take more pictures of me and put it on this blog so that I can really show-off. All my grandparents, aunties, uncles, cousins and all other friends and family can visit this site at all times. Besides this is my first step towards stardom...
Yesterday I had my first immunizations. Mommy and Auntie Anita said that I was very brave. I only cried for a few minutes. Really it was no big deal! Mommy could hardly stand to watch the needles go into my thigh, yet she's given plenty of needles to her patients!
Anyways ciao for now...I have a milk shake waiting from dairy queen! Ok, ok, Mommy I know its not nice to call you dairy queen but you have to admit the truth. I like it that Mommy is "open" 24/7 for whenever I have a craving for a snack!
